Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Sun Did Come Up ... Somehow

Man alive, the Buckeyes got smoked on Monday! I still can't believe it. I'm afraid it will be awhile before they get to the National Championship again. But, as this post's title says, life does go on. I guess if they had to play such a bad game, I'm really glad they didn't do it against you know who.

I think you can learn a lot about life from sports. Somehow I think the OSU players got a little full of themselves after they beat Michigan, and they badly underestimated their next opponent. I know I'm prone to do the same in my walk with God. I can get happy with myself, especially if I've been victorious over a temptation or done something well in ministry. But as soon as I lose sight of God, I'm in trouble. Romans 12:3 -- "Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment."

My wife has her tonsilectomy this Friday. Praying that it goes well, and is successful in ridding her once and for all of the dreaded strep throat.

We went bowling with the Nye's (friends from Katie's school) last night. It was fun, but we might as well have been at an Eminem concert. Loud rap music, lights, smoke (I guess since people can't smoke anymore since they passed that law, they pipe it in through the air ducts) -- I could barely roll the ball straight. It was fun though, many laughs were had.

That's all for now. Happy '07!

8 Comments:

At January 14, 2007 , Blogger Emily Marie said...

thats kind of what Homecoming was like. Part of the reason I wanted to go bowling was to get away from some of the stuff that we would encounter at the dance...but we encountered it anyways...oh well...now we know NOT to go bowling on a Saturday night!

 
At January 15, 2007 , Blogger B r i t t n e e said...

i agree not only can you learn things like taht through sports you can see how important it is to be a team and also how unified the players are when they are playing the sport. i hope Kristens Tonsilectomy goes well ewww... piping in smoke through air ducts sounds pretty nasty.

 
At January 16, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) you rock

 
At January 18, 2007 , Blogger B r i t t n e e said...

thanks for the verse and the encouragement!!!!

 
At January 26, 2007 , Blogger Rosieee! said...

I thoroughly enjoyed FCA this morning :]

 
At January 26, 2007 , Blogger B r i t t n e e said...

AMAZING JOB THIS MORNING... BRIGHT AND EARLY INDEED. haha i enjoyed it! i think you shook up what usually is spoken about with a more serious message than usual... PROPS TO THAT

 
At January 27, 2007 , Blogger Clint said...

Glad to hear, Brittney and Rosie. It was an honor to be there and have the chance to teach from the Word. I enjoyed it.

I was kicking myself afterward because I forgot to read the key verse of the morning -- 2 Cor 5:16 -- "so from now on we no longer regard anyone from a worldly point of view".

Oh well, I hope the point still came across.

 
At January 27, 2007 , Blogger B r i t t n e e said...

your point definately still came across haha dont kick yurself we'll just read have to hold up posters with verses on them for you next time! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home