Monday, August 28, 2006

#10 -- Encourging Words

Yep, it's my 10th post. I know this is big news but don't get too excited.

I wanted to share an e-mail I received from a co-worker at Roadway (my former job as of this Friday) last Thursday. This was a big encouragement to me:

Clint, I may not be able to make your "Good Luck Lunch" today. But I wanted you to know I really enjoyed working with you over the years. The thing that I will remember the most about you is your "Christian glow". Back in 1996 when I first met you I didn't understand the "Christian glow", I was just one of those people that went to church. But now that I've had a chance to grow, I sure have a great respect for how your little light shines. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

This is what I wrote back:

Thank you for the kind words, Dametra. I'm glad you think my light shines, I hope others saw it too. If there's anything good in me, it comes from a personal relationship with Christ. He's the Way!

That e-mail meant a lot to me. One thing I regret about leaving my current job is that I feel I wasn't the strongest witness for Christ there. But I guess God was work in spite of my timidity. Praise God!

It's sort of fitting that I start "jammin" at Smuckers right after Labor Day, when school should start. In a sense, it'll be back to school for me, having to learn all kinds of new stuff. I'm just glad I won't need a hall pass to use the bathroom.

Take care you all! Thanks for reading.

6 Comments:

At August 31, 2006 , Blogger B r i t t n e e said...

thats amazing you will always shine for Him no worrys!

 
At September 04, 2006 , Blogger lizamundo said...

I cannot contain all of the utter joy bottled up inside me, Clint. 10 posts. That is pure amazingness.

And you will do a fabulous job with Smuckers. We can all tell you are a hard worker and diligent in all you do. No worries. :)

p.s. i hate word verifications. i mess up about 8 times whenever i try to type them in. hah.

 
At September 04, 2006 , Blogger lizamundo said...

p.p.s. i got it the first time thta time. woo what a record for lizz =)

 
At September 04, 2006 , Blogger lizamundo said...

oops messed up on that one.

 
At September 16, 2006 , Blogger lizamundo said...

well here's the history of the orangemen :

a long time ago in ireland there was a group of enraged killers and their nickname was : the orangemen. kinda intimidating, aint it ??

 
At September 20, 2006 , Blogger Clint said...

Wow, intimidating! But he looks so happy ... that must be his disguise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home